When you finally take the step and propose to start practicing physical exercise, you usually choose the afternoon or evening for it. The reason is obvious: it is usually the time when all work obligations have been fulfilled and we usually have more free time. But nevertheless, training in the morning has significant benefits for the body, both physically and psychologically, and on many occasions it is advisable to plan physical activity first thing in the day.
This does not mean that it is the best option for everyone, since physical training in general, be it morning, afternoon or night, always brings many benefits. However, there are several reasons that affect almost everyone equally, such as the fact that due to morning exercise, the body's metabolism changes and its effects are felt throughout the day.
Sometimes it takes longer to train in the morning, as the body has been immobile all night. Activating the body, muscles and skeletal system and preparing them for physical activity requires a longer warm-up period if you want to take advantage of every last movement. Many people find it difficult to go out to train very early: in winter, because the cold is more intense first thing in the day; and in summer due to the heat and the change in schedules and routines. But if you can overcome laziness and get up early to train, the benefits are innumerable.
How does the body benefit from exercising in the morning?
- During the first hours of the day, your ability to use body fat for fuel and energy increases, a fact that helps significantly when training, especially in cardiorespiratory and resistance exercises.
- Train in the morning stimulates the body's metabolism, more than the afternoon or night workouts. In turn, more extra calories are burned, since the effects of physical activity are stronger during the day than at night. Having activated the metabolism in the morning, speeds up digestion and helps to use energy from food more quickly.
- Beyond the physical benefits, training in the morning also has many benefits for the Mental Wellness. a recent study published in the specialized magazine 'The Pshycological Society' confirms that practicing sports between 7 and 8 in the morning helps you feel more alert and lucid throughout the day. In this sense, according to research, people who train in the morning make smarter and healthier decisions thanks to the stimulus produced by the secreted endorphins.
- If your goal is lose weight and reduce body fat accumulated, as well as increasing your resistance in training and feeling in a better mood during the day, training in the morning is a very favorable option to achieve this.
- Once you get used to training in the morning, your biorhythms will get used to such a degree that you will hardly need an alarm to wake you up. Remember that practicing morning physical exercise has an impact on greater control of your daily rest, helping your body meet the recommended 8 hours of sleep. Therefore, when you get used to training in the morning, your own body will be the one that will self-regulate and will wake up in a more relaxed way.
Above all, you must find the moment when you feel most committed and motivated to train, since that is the key to success and the achievement of your goals. If your schedules and routines prevent you from being able to find a space to train in the morning, do not stop doing it. Find your space and time of day to practice physical exercise, whether at the gym, at home or outdoors.